As MCU’s 3rd phase kickstarted, Russo Brothers came forward with Captain America: Civil War. The 3rd Captain America film had a list of superheroes like Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Hulk, Ant-Man, Black Panther, Spider-Man & others which made it a compelling watch for the audience.
Starring Chris Evans along with Robert Downey Jr, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Chadwick Boseman and others the film released in May 2016.
Let’s have a look at some interesting box office facts about the film.
1) Captain America: Civil War did a worldwide business of $1,153 million and domestic business of $408 million according to Box Office Mojo.
2) It was a top-grossing movie worldwide in 2016. Crossed even Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. In the US, it was 3rd highest-grossing film of that year.
3) It proved to be highest grossing Captain America film and also the first one to cross $1 billion mark. Of course, the presence of other superheroes like and others pushed its boundaries.
4) The film was Marvels’ 4th film to cross $1 billion mark after The Avengers, Iron Man 3, Avengers: Age Of Ultron.
5) It is still the 22nd highest-grossing film of All Time worldwide.
6) It is also 17th highest-grossing Hollywood film in India. Captain America: Civil War did a business of 59 crores in India.
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section.